Sunday, September 2, 2012

University adventures

University had begun and I am all settled into my room with my room mate. It is pretty fun here, I am working really hard on coming out of my shell. I am grateful to have my best friend with me because it means I do not have to go into anything alone. We have made 2 friends which is 2 more that I thought I ever would here.
My new friends
Mitch: He is 19 and lives right down the hall of my room. He is from Hamilton and is majoring in environmental studies like my best friend. He automatically clicked with us at the first frosh event because he recognized us from the apartment. He is pretty cool and seems very interesting. He likes drama like me and we can hold a conversation. He seems like the kind of guy I will want to be friends with forever or something. We make a good three.
Yanish: He is 17 and is majoring in Personal Administrative Studies. We met because we were sitting outside having a smoke and he approached us. He is into smoking and drinking and we have his booze in our freezer right now because he is under age and doesn't want to be caught at Frosh with it. We seems a little weird but he's nice.

I shall keep you updating on the progress of my friend making haha.

My parents miss me and everything but our relationship seems to be a bit better with distance.

I got to skype Lina last night at it made me miss home a little bit just my friends and everything. I really miss the closeness.

Frosh wise I am having alot of fun. There are lots of events. We have had dances and dinners and we had a carnival today! I beat  Mitch on the blow up obstacle course.
I start class on Wednesday which I am nervous excited for.
The food here is ok, alot of it is like fast food and shit but you can find alot of healthy options, it has been easier for my to eat because you have to go and eat with people in the first week so it feels like I have to.
Now enjoy some Froshing pictures :)


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like fun- I'm glad you're making friends so quickly! Hope you continue to settle in well! Lots of love x x

    ReplyDelete